Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Infant suffering from abdomen pain, no stool, constipation. What should be given to him?

hello sir if a child is suffering from pain abdomen and he has not passed stool in the days what should be given to him for immediate releif from constipation .also he has very hard stools from so many days.the age of the child is just two mnths and wt is 3.25 kg as he was premature and wt of 1.7 kg at the time of birth
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
your child aged 2 months has abdominal colic and hard stools..
you need to follow certain simple things in order to prevent this..
you need to give only breast milk until the child completes 6 months.. formula feeds leads to constipation and hard stools..
after feeding burping should be done, to prevent abdominal colic..
now see your paediatrician for the examination and prescription of anti colic drugs..
all the very best..
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor