Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Infant having an infected lymph node. Can it be treated with drugs?

My 2 year old got an infected lymph node on her mandible 4 months ago that swelled to 4cm across, was hard, fixed to the jaw, it finally ruptured on its own last month, drained for 3 weeks then an ENT did surgery to clean out the infected tissues and stitched it shut. The path report showed micro bacterium so she had a tb test and it was positive then had a chest X-ray and it was normal. Should she be treated w drugs. How do we know if she has an active tb infection or if the active infection is over now? How do the drs know if there is active infection spread to other organs besides the chest X-ray? She has no other symptoms besides her infected lymph node that is now stitched shut. Are the drugs dangerous? I don t want to give toxic drugs to my two year old:( Why will tb skin test remain positive forever even after drug treatment ?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
If Tb is diagnosed it is safe to undergo treatment with drugs prescribed for which you may consult a pediatrician who will administer correct dosage and forms of medicines suitable for small children. This is a common infection, curable and all child specialists are well versed in its treatment . So do not be fearful on this aspect.
Answered: Sun, 26 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor