Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Infant has ridge from soft spot to the forehead. Is this normal?

Hi. My 15 month old son has a ridge from his soft spot down to the start of his forehead . He had a head xray which the doc said was fine and showed no.indication of early fusion but he didnt offer an explination as to what the ridge is. Is it normal for a child to have a boney ridge in this place. I dont feel 100% confident with the result
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
This is the persistance of metopic suture.
It is mild overiding of the bony suture.It is not much of a concern.If you not 1005 confident you can go for a CT scan to confirm that there is no malformations.
I would ask you to wait till 18months.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor