Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Infant has fluid filled boils on body, advised T-bact ointmet. Correct treatment?

Hello ... This is joshy from kerala , india ..... My baby Antony 8 months old (weight - 8.25 kg) is suffering from waterfilled bulgings on his body waterfilled bulgings to 1 mm diameter ... total of 10- 12 on his head neck , back ... its not there in palms like chicken pox . started 3 days back on his head. No fever now but he had fever and dry cough from 21st to 27 december and consumed Augmentin syrup DUO (Amoxycilin and Pottassium calvulanate oral suspension IP(3.3 g/ 30 ml) antibiotic for this tenure. He was alright for new year and after that 3 days ago the new issues started.He was alright for he has running nose but a clear chest as per doctor here. Doctor gave a T- bact ointment (MUPIROCIN OINTMENT USP - 5g) and I am appling that to the bulgings dialy twice. Could you please guide , if my baby is getting the currect treetment ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello. your baby is suffering from impetigo. YES he is getting right treatment. he was suffering from stap aureus infection. and after fever and cough infection remaind there. T bact ointment treat bacteria in the nostrils of patients during an outbreak of severe staph infection. This can help prevent the growth of staph bacteria in patients with a high risk of infection. A small amount of Mupirocin ointment should be applied to the affected area 3 times daily. The area treated may be covered with a gauze dressing if desired. Patients not showing a clinical response within 3 to 5 days should be re-evaluated. for more queries you can contact again.
thank you. take cares.
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor