Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Infant had frequent eye infections. Droopy eyes after the infection. Is this Ptosis? Will it go away?

My 11 month old has had a series of 3 eye infections over the past few months. The last time it happened, the right eyelid appeared droopy. The infection disappeared after medication from the Dr, but 2 weeks on his right eyelid is still droopy. Although it doesn t seem to bother him and is not severe - I can really notice it when I look at him. I have read about Ptosis and am worried it might be this. Could this be it? Can this occur at any stage as he certainly wasn t like this before? Will it go away?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ! You just do massage over the medial can thus of the affected eye, and this condition will solve at age of around 14 months , take ophthalmology consultation, it will be fine keep the eyes clean , take care
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor