Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Infant diagnosed with SMA, has concave chest. Achieved milestones on time. Is SMA curable with medicines and diet?

hi doctor my daughter 12 months old has been diagnosed with SMA but she is not having any respiratory problem yet or any swallowing probe mean while she is improving with her activities like sitting independently little bit moving her legs or turning one side , sufficient head control, but less intensity of coughing, crying and having little concaved chest ... doctors at max hospital sad she is having type 1 SMA... can she improve her life by any medicine or some additional diet . please suggest some thing for my little baby...
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Welcome to HCM!
I am sorry to answer your question with a negative!
If SMA is diagnosed and confirmed( by emg and genetic studies),then nothing can be done by way of medicines.
you can try physiotheraphy
Good luck
god bless
Dr Uma.
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor