Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Infant diagnosed to have cylindrical power, difficulty dilating. How can eye sight improve?

My son 4yrs old has been diagnosed to have cylindrical power. Since he is non cooperative she has asked me to wait for6months and then we can dilate him and find out the real power. Can u please suggest any remedies that can improve his eyesight in these six months?1600 x 1000
Images may be subject to copyright.

1600 x 1000
Images may be subject to copyright.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Instead of waiting for six months, you can right now get his pupil dilated and get a refraction done. If the child is not co-operating he can be prescribed glasses objectively on basis of reading of refraction.

He should use the glasses constantly and if child is not cooperating they should be used as much as possible. For the time being, you can give him some lubricating drop to have a soothing effect on this eyes. He should be given good nutrition and some analgesic in case there is some pain (like headache) due to refractive error.

Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor