Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Infant coughing and vomiting. Visit Doctor?

My 1 year old has been throwing up after coughing. He doesn t cough consistently, just time to time. He seems fine albeit waking up during his naps or sleeptime and coughing. A couple days ago I think he swallowed his fever medicine the wrong tube which in turn caused this. Will this just blow over or should I bring him to the doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Children vomit after a bout of cough particularly if their stomach is full.

What was the wrong medicine he had.

Do you mean that he aspirated the medicine after which he developed the problem?

Your kid needs to be taken immediately to the doctor if you feel he aspirated the medicine.

Please take him to the doctor if the symptoms persist or if he develops rapid breathing, chest retraction or nasal flaring or fever or grunting etc.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor