Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Infant blood report. Can any online doctor help me to read it?

My Son has 18 months old and his blood report 3 things are increase
1. TLC -Result 16.30 - Ref Range 6.00-1600
2. Neutrophils - Result 8.93 - Ref Range 1.00-7.00
3. Monocytes - Result 1.88 - Ref Range 0.20-1.00

and he has high level fever everyday around 101degree to 103degree

kindly suggest me my email id is - YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

only interpertation from the bloos test is the increase in the totol cell count as well as increase in the neutrophils.

This can happen in variety of infections although in a 18 month old child cell count needs to be increased much more to indicate any infection.

Please consult a doctor to get a medical examination for your child to see what exactly is the problem.Cell counts only can not tell the complete picture.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor