Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Indulged in sexual activity. Get myself tested for HIV?

Hi. I got myself tested for HIV on 29/11/12 and it turned out to be negative. Since then I have not indulged in any sexual intercourse except for last month when I had oral sex with my girlfriend. She did not do anything. I only licked her private parts. But we didn t indulge in complete sexual intercourse. So should I get myself tested again.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

The chances of getting HIV through oral sex with a female is very very low. You had mentioned that the HIV Test done on 29-11-12 was negative. But you didn't mentioned when was your last sex contact before the test and what type of sex contact was that? If the exposure was not protected and if it falls within the window period (3 months), then the present result was not valuable.
It is good for you to for another test 3 months after this oral contact and see a negative result for HIV will be safe for you.
Best wishes.

Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Fri, 15 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor