Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Indentation present behind skull, sudden pain on tying hair. Medical attention needed?

Hello, I am a 21 yr old female. I ve noticed and indentation in the top back of my skull . I haven t noticed how long I ve had it but its been awhile! It gets sore sometimes when I put my hair up or just randomly. I would like to get an idea of what this could be and if medical assistance is required. Please get back to me
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Usually people come to know later in their lives about such little deformities having no much importance, however it can be Scalp Dysesthesia in which patient may feel indentations, pain, burning,itching, crawling, lightness etc
It can be treated with Doxepin or Amytriptiline.
Maintaining optimum weight, proper diet, vitamin supplements, exercise, treating stress and depression which will help in reducing the symptoms.
Visit your doctor for more information and management.
Hope it helps.
take care!
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor