Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Indentation above the knee after an injury. Have soreness. Need medical attention?

My 30 year old son injured his left thigh at work. He dropped a 200 lb. rotor on it. Apparently he did not break or crush it because he got up and walked around and this happened about 3 weeks ago. He has now noticed an indentation right above his knee which seems to be growing larger. The bruising is almost gone but still has some soreness. What could be causing the indentation and should he see a Doctor. He did not go see Dr. at time of accident. Very stubborn.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Keep ice over it, if he hasnt. Atleast 15-20mins of ice would help him out. If still the pain doesnt go then, he must consult an Orthopedic doc.
Answered: Tue, 26 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor