Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Increasing, severe scoliosis causing intense discomfort with frequent neck and back pain. Advised fusion. Other options?

I have severe scoliosis (about 100 degree curve) that has aquired over the past seven year or so. I had a mild one at the age of 3 when I obtained an SCI, but by the age of six and wearing a brace it went away. Like I mentioned it came back about seven years ago and has slowly increased in severity. I am currently seeing a doctor, but he says the only thing he can do is a fusion and I really DON T want that. It is getting to the point where no matter how i position myself I can t get comfortable and I usually wake up in the morning with my neck and sometimes my back hurting. I m thankful I don t have any lung or heart problems yet. Any suggestions on what I can do?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Jaz,
Welcome here on hcm.
You wrongly thought.
Actually you want comfort from the problem.
So you have no option other than operation.
So go for it.
Answered: Mon, 23 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor