Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Increased vaginal discharge after taking ovranette contraceptive pill, no itching or foul smell. Due to birth control?

I have been taking ovranette contraceptive pill for a year now and have noticed an increase in my vaginal discharge . At times I get clumps coming out of me. They are slightly cloudy. I have no itching, no offensive smell, just random thick lumps. I notice them as I feel very wet suddenly. I do not have an sti . Is this linked to my pill?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The sudden increase in the vaginal discharge and wetness can be due to the hormonal changes caused by the hormonal pills that you are taking. Since there is no smell or itching, there is nothing to worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor