Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Increased aggressiveness, excessive anger, control freak. What is the treatment for such behavior?

hi, my dad and sister(18..) is not what you can call friends... she has been a little bit aggressive for a long time(years) my mum always says that she will grow out of that behavior . yelling, hitting, crying etc. she has stopped with the hitting, but now she is acting like a real bitch to my father.. calling him names, makes him angry, try to controll everyone in the family (everything from, what we eat- food, candy, cakes, watch on the television, making my dad stay home while everyone else goes to the mall. she wants a finger into everyones business all the time. a controll freak. but she is worst with our dad.... what to do????? i mean that she is just getting worse... she doesnt have a bestfriend, actually not many friends at all..
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

From above brief description, It is difficult to comment about her problem. Such behavior can occur in various situations.

Following are the possibilities:
-Normal behavior
-Hormonal change
-Adjustment problem
-Excessive affection for father
-Other psychological problem
-Personality issues

If your family members agree for the presence of behavior issues then you can meet psychiatrist or psychologist for assessment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor