How to take care of acne?
Good skin care
can keep acne under control and at a mild level.
* Wash the skin twice a day using a mild soap, especially after exercise. Avoid scrubbing the skin. Hard scrubbing of the skin is harmful because it irritates the openings of the oil glands and can cause them to be more tightly closed.
* Avoid putting any oily or greasy substances on the face. Oily and greasy substances make acne worse by blocking oil glands. If unavoidable, use water-based cover-up cosmetics, and wash them off at bedtime.
* Shampoo the hair daily. Avoid hair tonics or hair creams especially greasy ones. These substances spread to the face and aggravate the acne.
* Avoid picking blackheads as this delays healing. In general, it is better not to "pop" pimples
* Exercise regularly and keep fit.
* Don't stop the acne medicine too soon. It may take up to 8 weeks for a good response.