Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Increase in size of spleen since childhood, advised to remove spleen, did not get surgery done, all tests negative, spleen increased to 20 cm. Suggestions?

sir when i was just 10 year old i came to know that i the size of my spleen increase as it wad destroying my blood cells so i contcted a hematologist who recommended me to remove the spleen i am afraid of operation so i didn t remove my spleen now its size increased to 20cm what should i do either to remove the spleen . Actually all my tests even bonemarrow was negative. Doctors didn t able to tell what type of disease this is so according to your openion what should i do now
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
If there is no cause is detected for spleenomegaly and it is destroying blood cells that means you have anemia ,what is your hemoglobin level and are you having hemolysis that means Jaundice with unconjigated bilirubin is raised . May be you have mild anemia or but if spleen is enlarged and advised a spleenectomy by a Hematologist .I think you should plan for it only thing advised is as they are prone to get Peumococcal infection. They will advise you for a Polyvalent vaccine which you must take . All the best I hope this will help you lot.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor