Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Inability to close left eye lid, left face muscle malfunctioning. ENMG done. History of Bell's palsy. Treatment?

Hi Doctor, I was affected by Bell s Palsy at my 3.5 yrs old. But, still not recovered completely. The problem on my face: 1. my left eye lids unable to close it properly(it is open always) 2. my left side face muscles not functioning . it going / expanded one side while speak or smile. now I am 29 yrs old. kindly suggest a good treatment for it. I have consulted many neurologist . taken ENMG test . kindly suggest what can I do next for get the right and permanent recovery from this disorder. Thanks, Sebastian
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Bell's palsy is recovered in 99% cases and if not recovered then partial weakness generally persist.
If your weakness has not recovered till now then there is negligible chances of recovery.
You can consult with ophthalmologist for drooping eyelid surgery and consult with plastic surgeon for facial deformity.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Prasad Akole's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
I think a good neurologist is the right person to seek help from.
but such old palsy may remain such. it may be helped by some protective surgeries like tarsorrhapy.
pl. consult an ophthalmologist about eye protection from corneal ulcerationsdue to open eye.

I hope to have guided you in right direction. revert back with any queries, I would like to help.
take care and keep me posted on your progress.
good luck !
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor