In which side our heart is positioned in chest ?

In whichside our heart is positioned in chest ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
The left.

My father died of a sudden heart attack in his home. I cannot get over this regret I am feeling ? I should have gotten him LIFE ALERT and he could have pressed it and been saved. He was 76 years old. He had several health problems including diabetes (controlled), hypertension (controlled), stage 4 kidney disease, and atrial fibrillation (controlled by digoxin). He had two strokes in the past, the last being 12 years ago, which paralyzed his left side, but he got some of it back and could walk with a cane. He also had a mild heart attack about 15 years ago, which was treated with balloon angioplasty. I wanted him to enjoy his final years, so I let him drive, and do his own things, etc. I am VERY REGRETFUL that I did not get him LIFE ALERT (or another similar product). I realize that sometimes when people have a heart attack, they do not know it, and cannot press the button, but I am still very regretful over this. I don t know how I am ever going to forgive myself for this. please help! Thank you everybody, you are very helpful. God Bless You all. Just for the record, he was found on the kitchen floor in the sitting position (on his bottom), with his knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and his head slumped down to his chest. One arm had an abrasion on it on the upper side of the forearm , as if he may have nicked it against the table or chair that he was near.

Okay so I m a 15 year old girl and active with running( when it s cross country season but I m off right now) and on the skinny side weighing 95 pounds being 5 2 . I get these occasional (has happened about 8 or 9 times) heart discomfort so that when I breathe out kind of deeply there s a sharp pain near the bottom of my left lung near my heart. I think it has happened once or twice when I ate too much greasy food, when I laugh way too much, when I get over excited like when I played tennis the other day it occurred, and has randomly happened when I haven t done anything. These attacks last around 30mins to about a couple of hours. The worst case was when I still had it and went to bed and couldn t sleep on my left side because every time my heart beat there was once again a sharp pain but it was gone in the morning. I m just wondering if this could turn out to be a serious problem or just random chest pains that young people get. Please don t answer if u have no clue b/c it s a waste.

I am a 53 yo female worried about having a heart attack. I have at times had pain in my ribs on my right side that travels towards my spine. Usually, Advil or Bayer aspirin helps the discomfort. For the past week, this mid back pain seems to be coming through to the upper center abdomen. I had taken several 500 mg bayer aspirin over a couple day period so I don t know if I just irritated my stomach or if this is heart related. I have no shortess of breath, dizziness or sweating. I was taking Metroprolol (25 mg 2x daily) and also had Lisinoprol added (one 5mg daily) as I had a echocardiogram which showed a slight enlargement on the left side of my heart. My total cholesterol is high at 250, my HDL is good at 63. My doctor hasn t put me on medication - trying to get it down by diet (I am overweight). While I feel some discomfort in my chest, am I worrying needlessly? I know an echocardiogram doesn t show blocked arteries but, could it be assumed after watching the blood flow to/from the heart that there could be blockages? Should I rest easier knowing that I ve just had the echo and my dr didn t seem needlessly concerned?

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

Recently I have been experiencing a "racing heart" ulse rate upwards to 111, and general tiredness. Is this something to be concerned about since heart disease runs in my family, including a sibling that died from a heat attack at age 57. My age is 56

5'6" 175lbs in great shape. I run and walk and weight train. my heart started to "stutter" about 4 or 5 days ago and is increasing in occurence. sometimes multiple stutters. 47 years old. no history of heart disease. low cholesterol levels. low blood pressure.

l am a 51yrs old sudanese schoolteacher 5 ft six inches of height 55kgs weight diagnoesd in Kuwait chest hospital in 1989 as a vsd sevesre pulmonary hypertension and not indicated for surgery i got married in 1998 with three duaghters 12_10_8 .l know my case very well and l ve heart disease history a younger brother had died of heart failure and four youger brothers died in their baby hood they were likely have the same disease .my parents are close relatives and they still alive with reasnable health according to thier age.l was hospitalised in1986and 2006 for haemoptasis. I have been suffering recently from feet swelling and neck and shoulders stiffness specially when l carry any something over ten kilos of weight accompanied with a high fever and l feel the area very hot a two days ago echo showed that the case is normal a chest xray showed in the day that heart is not enlarged but not in good health other lab results 2days ago esr 8 mm/h.hb119.5percent uricacid 6.0 my question is what are the exepected symptoms and comlications in this case and how to deal with them.email: YYYY@YYYY cell 0000

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine