In csf test what will they do ?

There is fluid in brain called CSF and it will be analysed it seems in disease. in csf test what will they do ?
Sun, 6 Dec 2009
Medical Topics ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

CSF is a fluid circulating in the brain and the spinal cord.  It acts like a shock absorbing mechanism.  CSF test is done to diagnose various neurological disease like brain fever, meningitis and others.  It is drained by a simple procedure called lumbar puncture.  They look at various parameters in the CSF for  definitive diagnosis.  

Mahavir's  Response
In CSF test they will collect the spinal fluid from the back and examaine for various proteins, glucose and bateria and cells
corjan's  Response
My kid had viral meningitis, they did the CSF puncture, it was a painful procedure. my kid tolerated well. but MRI or Ct did not find any thing new. thank god she is fine now.