Impact of eating medicines on Weight gain

I want to know the impact of eating medicines on Weight ?
Wed, 23 Jun 2010
's  Response

It will depend on what medicines you are taking. some are known to cause weight gain, others weight losss.

sir,i am 23 years old.my height is 5,8 and wight is 53 kg.i eat too much and do workout also.but i am too lean.kindly advise me a supplement .

I am 53 yrs woman who is thin & weight 54kg. I eat 5-6 times a day but i do not gain weight. i am healthy not ill but still not gain weight . I excercise daily but in vain I used to take periactin tables and help me to gain weight but now it does not help me anymore. which tables can i use because I have already taken vitamin B tablets it does not help. i want to wear at least size 36 because currently i m weraring 32. Please help me. Thanks

My son is 5yrs 5 months...weighs about 17.2kgs....n needs to potty mostly after lunch....usually thats the only time he pottys....he s fairly a healthy eater n doesn t eat as much junk...his diet contains milk, fruits, veggies, roti, dal, rice....He drinks abt 1 ltr water a day.... he s pretty skinny n has gained only a kg in a year...my husband n i were both skinny kids n i had a super fast metabolism as a child....is any of this linked?? Is my kid ok??? Does he need to gain weight?? can do things to make him gain weight. ...?? Pls help...

Recent questions on  Weight loss

I am 74 y/o male who's been losing weight over the past 3 months. Total weight loss has been 3 kilos for 3 months. I have been constipated and my bowel movements have been irregular but my appetite has never changed and I still eat pretty well. I don't have any abdominal complaints. What could be causing this? I also eat fiber-rich foods but to no avail, I'm still constipated.

had hip replacement 3 years ago and got bacterial infection and after 6 weeks being hospitalised and course of anti biotics was cured and discharged with a weight loss of 10 per cent.Since then I have not regained the weight loss,and over the last few months have lost a further 10 percent in weight......I am now 13 stone and 6 feet 1 inch height and 76 years of age,I have reasonable energy levels and feel o.k. but worry about this continual weight loss.I have a reasonable appetite and eat regular meals.

hi im a mother 40 years old did the gastric band since 9 years i took the perfect results but since 2 years now this band stop working for a reason my dr told me sometimes it happened when its old so i gain 8 kilos in 2 years my question is is it dangerous if i remove it and put new 1. is it better to remove and do the 1 that u fold the stomach coz lot of doctors advice me to do that 1 if i decide ti remove it the band pls advice me is it safe to remove the band usually pls i dont to keep it and no benefirt from it

Tightening the Tummy Iam 51 years old and weigh 77kgs.Recently I have lost 6 kgs and my weight stabilized at 77 kgs which works out to a BMI of 25 as my height is 5’10”.I maintain regular exercise -aerobics,strength training,abdominal exercises and evening walk of 4 kms.I eat selectively without oil,less Non veg,less sweets,more fruit and water ,steamed vegetables,sprouts,Almonds(4 nos) and 1 egg white.When I go to gym I take whey protein of 30 gms. My problem is with my stomach muscles.Inspite of my exercise and moderate food habits I have a stomach of 36 inches.When I sit down I have to adjust my belt by changing the hole.When I wear underwear I feel very tight in abdominal area.Thats why I stopped wearing underwaear except when I exercise. I consulted a specialist who is into weight loss surgery like gastric band and sleeve who initially suggested to go for liposuction.When I requested for a non surgical solution he offered me a complimentary session on Radio frequency Tripolar machine.He promised that I will loose 2 inches over 6 sittings.For each sitting there should be a gap of 2 weeks.He says the skin also will be tightened apart from fat reduction in the tissues.I have also read that this can be done by Ultrasound Lipolysis and Zerona laser treatments. Please suggest me which is ideal for reducing my stomach sag.

I am a 39 year male and I am urinating every 30 minutes to 1 hour. I don't have any pain or discoloration. Just concerned at how often im going I'd like to know what this could be if anything dangerous or to be concerned of.

Can I reverse a possible chance that I have Typ 2 diebetties ?

How much ghee is good in a day if I have normal health reports