Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Immense pain emerging from arm due to bug, eased with cold water, is persistent with redness, itchy bumps. Remedy?

I was playing footbal when I got an imense pain coming from my arm , where i saw a bug that i ve never seen before. I put some cold water on my arm and some of the pain passed away, even though it was still there. 2 days later, around the bite of this insect, my arm is completely red and bumpy, itchy too. Any advice on what I should do?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems to be a bug bite or an insect bite. You should take Tablet Benadryl 1 tablet twice daily for atleast a week. This will make you sleepy. So if you cant afford that, take Tablet Allegra 180 mg 1 tablet in the daytime and benadryl tablet in the night time.
Also, apply calamine lotion and keep the area clean. This should take about 1-2 weeks to resolve completely
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor