Im type 2 diabetic 44 years of age what all fruits I can take which are low on sugar content ? Please suggest me!

I am a type 2 diabetic 44 years of age. Please advise what all fruits I can take which are low on sugar content. Also I feel very weak and lethargic many times. Fruits are no taboo for diabetics; while on the contrary fruits are a good source of antioxidants, hence good for your heart. The fiber content of fruits helps is reducing the sugar absorption and hence they lower glucose values as well. The carbohydrate in fruits is fructose and you do not require insulin to assimilate fructose. Nevertheless the point to be kept in mind is that you should not fruits as part of your meal, rather it should be taken in between.
Wed, 23 Mar 2011