Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

127 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Im thirsty and urinate all the time.

Im thirsty and urinate all the time...and i get very weak and tired and shaky? okay so heres the deal i and soooo thirsty i can not stop drinking water...orjuice but i prefer water....and i pee all the time....this has been going on for almost a year...but just reectnly the past 2 months its gotten really this past 2 weeks its gotten really bad i get very tired....i get extremly cold but i have no fever and i can not stop shaking.....i went to the doctor on friday...i have been thinking it might be diabetes type 1...they checked my blood sugar and it was 81 and they checked my urine and he said it was fine....i will have a blood test on tues. but the doc. said most lilky it isnt diabetes...i think maybe hes right BUT i dont think its nothing he said that...i need to train my bladder to hold it and that i simple am just a thirsty person...hes wrong im serius i can not stop drinking water im veeeerrry! thirsty...what else could it be if its not diabetes!!!....or does this really said like im diabetic
Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This may be diabetes inspudius. If you would have provided your age and eating habits, then it would have helped to reach some conclusion.

Kindly get yourself, completely evaulated. This shall help to reach a appropriate diagnosis.
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

There is something called as Diabetic Insipidus. I advise you to approach your doctor in this regard. An endocrinologist is the preferred specialist.

  User's Response
I think that its Diabetes Insipidus because these were the symptoms I was going through when I was diagnosed with Central diabetes Insipidus 23 years ago.I know how you feel so please as soon as possible visit endocrinologist because its a very rare condition and all doctors cant diagnose it.There is a test to confirm diagnosis of Diabetes Insipidus known as water restriction test in which you need to stay for a day or so in the hospital.
I hope it helps!! If you need more information you can always count on me.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i have frequent urination problem when i don t drink suficient water, and i get burning sensation during urination recently, i drink and then after like few minutes i have to go to the bathroom. and when i come back i feel like water is drained from body and feel dryness in mouth, at times i don t feel thirsty but my lips and mouth are dry. any ideas?

doctor1 MD

I have to pee about 15-30 minutes after I drink something, water, juice, etc. I could drink a glass or take a few sips and I will have to go. Even when I go pee I still feel like I have to pee 5-10 minutes later. My pee is clear, and it doesn t burn or hurt to go. I am a little thirsty all the time, sometimes im extremely thirsty. I don t have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee but I will wake up because I am thirsty and my mouth is dry. Both sides of my family has diabetes, and my mom thought I had it but I got my blood drawn and my glucose was good.

doctor1 MD

hey doctor , I am 20 years female a medical student . my complain is that i have frequent urination even that i dont dink water . and if i drink a cup of water i go for urination for about 5 times in the next hour. i dont feel thirsty at all . i feel that i am not sweating at despite it s hot now where i live . please help me

Recent questions on Diabetes

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor! I am a male 55 yrs old and a diabetic patient using glycinorm M40 twice and Janumet 50/500 at night and Volibo 0.2 in the afternoon. Off late for the last 4 months i am suffering from erectile disfunction. please advise me the suitable medicine. my sugar level is fasting between 104 and 115 and PP is 225 and 250

doctor1 MD

What is the intial symptoms of prostate infection ?
What is the use Alfusin 10mg and Doxy-1 L-DR forte ? The Deanxit will hep for Prostate Functions ? And the Nervuper use for what ?
50 years old
Glucoma patient for the last 8 years (Xalatan and Alphagan-P)
Diabetic patient for the last 2 years (Galvus 50 x 2 daily) Not fully controled,
Cholistrol high (Rosuvas 10mg)
74 Kg weight

doctor1 MD

My wife aged 55 years is diognised with diabetic neuropathy very recently (one month approx). She is a diabetic patient for over a decade. Presently on insulin and tablets.
1. Is there a cure for this disease.
2. Request, please refer a Doctor where I can take her for further treatment.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc

I am a male, 68yo, widower, Chinese (not from China). I lead an active sex life.....I have sex at least twice a week sometimes with different women (not prostitute). For the last 1 month, 5 out of 10 times that I have sex...I couldn't ejaculate although the sensation of ejaculation were there. I have Type 1 Diabetes..I inject 52mg of insulin everyday plus captoril and simvastatin. I also consume 80mg of Aspirin everyday for the last 20 years.

My question is.....Is there any kind of medication\drug that I can take so that I can ejaculate each time I have sex.

Thank you.

James Kee

doctor1 MD

Yes, really I would like to know why after I eat I feel drained, sometimes shaky and need to go to sleep

doctor1 MD

Hello. For the past few weeks I have been urinating a lot and my urine is very clear. Is this cause for concern?

doctor1 MD

We have consulted a doctor and she has prescribed Tab Duphaston (10 mg) twice daily. Could you advise us of its purpose and if it has any side effects in long-term. We would really appreciate your advice on this.