Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

170 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I'm a 53 year old woman whose mother (died 2003)

I'm a 53 year old woman whose mother (died 2003) had celiac disease diagnosed in her 30s. I never had issues as a kid but once i passed menopause began having many more full size bowel movements, lots of embarrassing gas and sometimes pain. Had a diagnosis of both kidney stones and diverticulitis but still passing many bowel movements more than i ever did as a child. NO history of colon or other type cancers but it's definitely a change for me in my bowel movements and i have not yet had a colonoscopy.
Fri, 18 May 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I woke up this morning with lower back pain. I went to the bathroom and notice blood on the i am a 53 year old female and have not had a period in al,ost 5years after an ablation. A year and a half ago, iI had an ovary removed after a polyp ruptured combined with a ruptured appendix. In general, I am in good health and take no medications

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 53 year old woman who is having tightness on the left side of my chest. It about two inches below my armpit and on the side of my boob. I m really scared because I lost my job I don t have insurance and I feel if I go to the hospital I will cry about the bill. Would you suggest that I could go to the fire department to have them check me out?

doctor1 MD

I am 40 years old and in college yesterday in A&P2 lab we tested our hematocrit manually reading the results and my rbcs were elevated at 53% where as other females tested were btwn. 46-48, the instructor said since I smoke thats why but other females in my class smoke also and rbcs were not elevated. My mother died of cirrhosis at age 55 which was said to be d/t alcohol but she did not drink near as much or as long in her life as many I know, she had drank daily for past 5 or so years, After her death, 2 years later my brother now 35,( half brother with same mother), had liver panel with results of elevated enzymes cbc wnl and ended up having genetic testing was then diagnosed with hemochromotosis but they later said they were not sure about that, later due to contd. elevated enzymes he had a biopsy and has some liver scarring. I know I need to have a CBC and LFT s (at last check over 5 years ago both were wnls) but I am interested in a specialist opinion, I also have a hemangioma in my c6 area diagnosed 6 months after a car wreck after having an MRI d/t contd. back pain and headaches, Is this possibly related to the elevated rbcs and what should I try to do until i can be treated as i have no insurance and this often deters extensive testing as in the case of my mother whom they were giving Fesoy 325mg to tid. Should i donate blood? and is my blood donatable with this increase in rbcs? I have type O-. Thanks for any information I realize this is an opinion based only on my explanation and doesnt replace a Drs. visit.

Loading Online Doctors....