If you check you pulse how many beats a minute ?

Just wondering how many beats there should be per minute and does the affect blood pressure thanks
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Resting pulse rate in a healthy individual varies with age. It is much faster in the new born, around 120. It gradually slows to run around 70 + or - 10 or so in adulthood. It slows during the night and can be as low as 40. It can also be around 40 in very fit individuals with very efficient hearts. Maximum rate on strenuous exertion is often given as 220 - age. Many disease conditions can alter it including infections with fever which tend to speed it up. Even without specific disease as we age if we allow ourselves to be unfit the heart works less efficiently and the rate will creep up. The pulse rate per say does not alter the blood pressure.