If you are diabetic and still crave for sweets, what should you do ?

if you are diabetic and still crave for sweets, what should you do? any heathy alternatives/
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Parties and sweets go hand-in-hand, but if you suffer from diabetes, cakes, cookies and candies are off-limits. Even a little bit of sucrose can send a diabetic person's blood sugar levels soaring. People with diabetes are not capable of regulating their blood sugar. Their bodies either don't produce enough insulin or any insulin at all. Insulin is the hormone essential for the transport of glucose -- or energy -- to the cells. 

Over time, if it doesn't do its job, a person will have too much sugar in his or her blood. High blood sugar levels can lead to a heart attack, stroke, loss of circulation or even death. 

"Since they have to avoid sugar at all costs, any event where sweets are plentiful can be disappointing, but thanks to a tiny herb native to the jungles of Paraguay, that may soon change for a lot of people, It is 30 times sweeter than sugar in its unprocessed form.