Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

If husband and wife have same blood group. then they will always conceive a female child ?

my husband and i have same blood groups ovecan we have a baby boy Me and my husband share a same blood group i.e B+. we have one baby girl. i want to have one boy child now, but i want to know that if husband and wife have a same blooed group then they will always concive a same gender child every time i mean i have a girl child now if i concive for next time then it will be a girl child again....
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  3660
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare forum
Blood group will not determine the sex but the chromosome pastern of parents, the mendel's law will determine
thank you
For further inquiry contact at
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Alok Choudhary's  Response
Sex is not determined by blood groups but determined by sex chromosomes, if it is XX then baby will female,if is is XY then baby will be male
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor