If I take big breaths, Will my heart beat faster ?

Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yep that's what the doc said,my dad,my grandad and so on,the jokes got whiskers.

Hi my name is suzi 51 in on Thursday before I went to work at 11 I felt my heart was racing and out of breath . When I got to work I ask on of the girls to take my BP it was 186/86 that is so not good . I felt a bit hot and not myself about 3.30 we took it again 149/86 . Yesterday when I went to work we took it again it was 141/76 . I came home from work and had a sleep . I felt ok but still not feeling well .This morning I felt ok but about 1/2 hour of being up I was hot my heart was racing shaky and tied . I don t understand what is going on for the last 3 days and I m not myself . I have made app to go see my GP Monday . So I am back in bed now writing this to you coz I don t know what is going on . Every time I do something like but the dishes in the dish waher have something to eat .put the washing on I fell my heart is going faster and faster have headache as well but I have a headache all the time . Thank you for our help .suzi

This is a little hard for me to explain, but lately over the past few months my heart has been beating faster at random times. And occassionally it feels like it skips a beat and I can t take a breath in at that time. I worry a lot about my health (over little things) and have been a big girl all my life. Such as just 15 minutes ago, I was laying down and watching a movie and could feel my heart beating really fast. I wasn t even worried about anything. I guess my question is: How can I lower my heartrate? I don t like the feeling of it beating fast at all. I m waiting for the Go to your GP! Lose WEIGHT! answers but that;s not what I m asking. I m 18 if that helps and 5 11.

I m am 25worried and for the last 15thing years my heart has hurt me it beats very fast I can open my mouth and u can hear it beating threw my throat..it has gotten worse the past 4 years...I am not very active if I do my heart starts hurting I pant like a dog so I hold my breath until it quits as it slows it hurts very badly I get dizzy I just got to sit down...I can take a shower the humidity in the air will make it hurt all day long I have 2surgery boys and I can t play with them running around cause it hurt me I don t smoke much at all a ciggs or two a month it will happen all day until I go to sleep and wake up..please give me a detection in what to do

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

For the past 4 days, my blood pressure has been running anywhere from 130/95 to 120/102. My blood pressure is usually normal (typically 120/78 or so). I have high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease & am 51. What I don t understand is the numbers being close together. My last reading was 119/102.

I am a 44 year old male with a family history of hyperlipidemia and heart disease. My father had a AMI at age 50 and expired. His father expired at age 51 with an AMi. Both were sudden death. I had a Cardiac CTA yesterday which revealed a calcium score of 252. The report revealed a 70-80% blockage to the middle of the LAD with about 50% occlusion on both of the ends. Seeing a cardiologist tomorrow. What do you think the treatment will be for this?

I recently had an ECG after an abnormal EKG. The ECG showed vent. rate 108bpm Sinus tachycardia, PR interval 158 ms, possible left atrial enlargement, QRS duration 88 ms , nonspecific ST abnormality, QT/QTc 368/493 ms, abnormal ECG, P-R-T axes 70 48 58 and prolonged QT. The cardiologist didn t seem very concerned and felt the abnormality was because of the medication I was taking - remeron for sleeping; I suffer from chronic insomnia. I have been on this medication for over two years and have never had any side effects or problems with it. In the past three-four months, however, I have been experiencing chest pains, some severe which is why I went to my physician to get the first EKG which showed a fast heart beat and was referred to the cardiologist for an ECG, EKG and a stress test. I was only on the treadmill for maybe 4 1/3 minutes before I experienced SOB and chest pains. They repeated the ECG and I was told it was abnormal and to discuss my medications with my psychiatrist and that I had nothing to worry about. When I see abnormal ECG, EKG and am taking nitro tablets with a family history of heart disease (father COPD, CHF and angioplasty; grandfather died of a heart attack), I have a tendency not to believe the doctor. I have not even been contacted by my physician for a follow-up visit. Should I be concerned. Cancer also runs in my family; my father died of colon, liver CA and I am breast cancer survivor. I d appreciate your comments. Should I seek another opinion? Thanks, Mary Kopco YYYY@YYYY I am a 61 y.o. white female, 137 lbs w/ hx of cancer (bilateral mastectomy and hysterectomy for CA of uterus), osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, high cholesterol (328), allergic to any statin drugs, being treated with Zetia 10 mg 1 x/day. Presently taking nitro tabs for chest pain, oxybutityn for overactive bladder, clonazepam 1mg 3x/day for anxiety and depression. I look forward to your response. Thank you.

hi my father was 76 and died of ischaemic heart disease and severe coronary atherosclerosis: heart hypertrophy and chronic congestive heart failure he was waiting for tests to be done with waiting lists 14 weeks i need to know if he could of been cured if he was seen sooner rather than later

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine