Owl Image

If I take big breaths, Will my heart beat faster ?

Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Yep that's what the doc said,my dad,my grandad and so on,the jokes got whiskers.

Hi my name is suzi 51 in on Thursday before I went to work at 11 I felt my heart was racing and out of breath . When I got to work I ask on of the girls to take my BP it was 186/86 that is so not good . I felt a bit hot and not myself about 3.30 we took it again 149/86 . Yesterday when I went to work we took it again it was 141/76 . I came home from work and had a sleep . I felt ok but still not feeling well .This morning I felt ok but about 1/2 hour of being up I was hot my heart was racing shaky and tied . I don t understand what is going on for the last 3 days and I m not myself . I have made app to go see my GP Monday . So I am back in bed now writing this to you coz I don t know what is going on . Every time I do something like but the dishes in the dish waher have something to eat .put the washing on I fell my heart is going faster and faster have headache as well but I have a headache all the time . Thank you for our help .suzi

This is a little hard for me to explain, but lately over the past few months my heart has been beating faster at random times. And occassionally it feels like it skips a beat and I can t take a breath in at that time. I worry a lot about my health (over little things) and have been a big girl all my life. Such as just 15 minutes ago, I was laying down and watching a movie and could feel my heart beating really fast. I wasn t even worried about anything. I guess my question is: How can I lower my heartrate? I don t like the feeling of it beating fast at all. I m waiting for the Go to your GP! Lose WEIGHT! answers but that;s not what I m asking. I m 18 if that helps and 5 11.

I m am 25worried and for the last 15thing years my heart has hurt me it beats very fast I can open my mouth and u can hear it beating threw my throat..it has gotten worse the past 4 years...I am not very active if I do my heart starts hurting I pant like a dog so I hold my breath until it quits as it slows it hurts very badly I get dizzy I just got to sit down...I can take a shower the humidity in the air will make it hurt all day long I have 2surgery boys and I can t play with them running around cause it hurt me I don t smoke much at all a ciggs or two a month it will happen all day until I go to sleep and wake up..please give me a detection in what to do

Recent questions on Cardiovascular disease

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

l am a 51yrs old sudanese schoolteacher 5 ft six inches of height 55kgs weight diagnoesd in Kuwait chest hospital in 1989 as a vsd sevesre pulmonary hypertension and not indicated for surgery i got married in 1998 with three duaghters 12_10_8 .l know my case very well and l ve heart disease history a younger brother had died of heart failure and four youger brothers died in their baby hood they were likely have the same disease .my parents are close relatives and they still alive with reasnable health according to thier age.l was hospitalised in1986and 2006 for haemoptasis. I have been suffering recently from feet swelling and neck and shoulders stiffness specially when l carry any something over ten kilos of weight accompanied with a high fever and l feel the area very hot a two days ago echo showed that the case is normal a chest xray showed in the day that heart is not enlarged but not in good health other lab results 2days ago esr 8 mm/h.hb119.5percent uricacid 6.0 my question is what are the exepected symptoms and comlications in this case and how to deal with them.email: YYYY@YYYY cell 0000

Hi Hoctor, My mother went to perform angiogram 2 years before. Doctors results shows of Ischaemic heart disease, Mild hypertensive heart n normal LV function. She under meditation for cholosterol n diabates. She having problem with occacasional cough n cold for d past 70 days... so what was d reason n what we should do?

my mother is a hypertensive patient currently taking the hypertension medication. recently her bp has been fluctuating from 140/85 to 220/12 in matter of hours. what tests should she do? the family physician is asking her to do CT scan, blood work, and etc. unfortunately, with no insurance, it is hard to get these done.. which one is most vital test that should be done first?

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine