If I take big breaths, Will my heart beat faster ?

Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yep that's what the doc said,my dad,my grandad and so on,the jokes got whiskers.

Hi my name is suzi 51 in on Thursday before I went to work at 11 I felt my heart was racing and out of breath . When I got to work I ask on of the girls to take my BP it was 186/86 that is so not good . I felt a bit hot and not myself about 3.30 we took it again 149/86 . Yesterday when I went to work we took it again it was 141/76 . I came home from work and had a sleep . I felt ok but still not feeling well .This morning I felt ok but about 1/2 hour of being up I was hot my heart was racing shaky and tied . I don t understand what is going on for the last 3 days and I m not myself . I have made app to go see my GP Monday . So I am back in bed now writing this to you coz I don t know what is going on . Every time I do something like but the dishes in the dish waher have something to eat .put the washing on I fell my heart is going faster and faster have headache as well but I have a headache all the time . Thank you for our help .suzi

This is a little hard for me to explain, but lately over the past few months my heart has been beating faster at random times. And occassionally it feels like it skips a beat and I can t take a breath in at that time. I worry a lot about my health (over little things) and have been a big girl all my life. Such as just 15 minutes ago, I was laying down and watching a movie and could feel my heart beating really fast. I wasn t even worried about anything. I guess my question is: How can I lower my heartrate? I don t like the feeling of it beating fast at all. I m waiting for the Go to your GP! Lose WEIGHT! answers but that;s not what I m asking. I m 18 if that helps and 5 11.

I m am 25worried and for the last 15thing years my heart has hurt me it beats very fast I can open my mouth and u can hear it beating threw my throat..it has gotten worse the past 4 years...I am not very active if I do my heart starts hurting I pant like a dog so I hold my breath until it quits as it slows it hurts very badly I get dizzy I just got to sit down...I can take a shower the humidity in the air will make it hurt all day long I have 2surgery boys and I can t play with them running around cause it hurt me I don t smoke much at all a ciggs or two a month it will happen all day until I go to sleep and wake up..please give me a detection in what to do

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

Hi I had sever mitral',valve reguritation in june when was pregnant, my last heart scan showed the leaking had slowed/stopped, I am due another heart scan next week, but these last few days been experiencing bad circulation in my feet when i get out of bed, have always had in my hands but never my feet,'will this be due to my heart problem?

Hello Dr, 41 year old, non-smoker, 1-5 units of alcohol a week, active, no other health issues. Family history of heart problems (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ), have been checked and do not have it, although have a slight thickening of arterial knuckle which gets monitored. I m getting what feels like pulses or faint flutters from my oesophagus region to the top of my sternum region, these symptoms are infrequent during the day to sometimes non-existent, but at night the symptoms only occur when laid on my back or on my left side (they disappear when I m lying on my right side?) and feel more constant with a heart beat ie pulses at a constant rate. Occasionally have slight breathlessness since this has started 1 week ago. Now I ve had a slight upset stomach (although not constipated I ve not been regular) the last week and the symptoms do seem to be more present when I have heavy feeling in my stomach and then subside once I pass wind. Is the pulses/flutter linked to this and could be a blockage and wind not escaping? Or something else?

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

Recently I have been experiencing a "racing heart" ulse rate upwards to 111, and general tiredness. Is this something to be concerned about since heart disease runs in my family, including a sibling that died from a heat attack at age 57. My age is 56

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine