If Heart rate jumps to 215-230 BPS for minute, Is it dangerous ?

Heart rate jumps to 215-230 BPS for minute, why? Is it dangerous? Hello. I am 32, very thin (125 lbs at 5 8 ) and very athletic (play a lot of sports). I wear a heart rate monitor (Polar) when working out and sometimes leave it on when I am home. I notice that sometimes my heart rate will be in the normal range (60 to 85 bps) when I am sitting and watching Tv or reading and then it jumps to about 215 or 233 it stays there for less then a minute. This happens about twice a day (at different times). Should I be worried? Do I need to see a doctor? Does anyone knowwhat might be happening? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sun, 19 Sep 2010