IS blood cancer curable and is there any medicine to increase platelets and hemoglobin ?

my aunt is suffering from Blood Cancer (AML type) is here any cure My aunt, 70 yrs old (but looks 50 yrs old) diagonised in December 2010 for AML (blood cancer. Is there any cure? Doctors given hope, but we are giving her oral herbal things to increase platelets and Hemoglobin. Once in 15 days she need blood transfusion for both. Now she is tired of it(she has nt been told about her illness). I want to know is there any medicine to increase platelets and hemoglobin? Pls help us.
Wed, 11 Jan 2012