Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online


Hi.. my name is Teresa. I had pierced my belly button a few months ago and when i put a dangle belly ring in it my son had accidentally pulled on it. and it ripped. so the rip had gotten completely infected a few weeks ago. and still after cleaning it a few times a day and putting ointment on it. It is still infected and actually the rip healed but it is infected and swollen and very red. When i sleep i sleep on my belly and it tends to be super soar in the mornings. I was wondering what kinds of medicines can help with this? or what kind of cleanings would work best the fastest. I have used hydrogen poroxide and ointments and salt water seperate times. nothing seems to be really working. please help!
Asked On : Tue, 25 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  414
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.You have to take oral antibiotics and ant inflammatory drugs along with proper sterile dressings.Also get your blood sugar estimation done.good luck.
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor