I woke up and my heart was beating really fast.

I woke up and my heart was beating really fast and wont stop? i woke up and my heart felt like it was jumping out of my chest. i went and took a shower and while i was there it was still beating really fast. it still is now. is there something wrong with me?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Well there are various reasons why this could happen... #1 - You drank too much coffee/or other types of caffeine #2 - You took some type of medication that could speed up your heart, ie: cold & allergy medicines, asthma medications #3 - You are having a panic attack #4 - You've eaten too much... #5 - You have drinken alcohol the previous night...Causing heart palpitations the following day... #4 - Some other type of health-related issue that you may need to get checked out, if it keeps persisting...See your doctor