Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

I weak and slurring in my speech and laying down most of the day. I feel dizzy and lightheaded all the time.

I am 34 year old female who just four months ago was living a very active and fulfilling life lifeand cosidered myself to be healthy. Now I weak and slurring in my speech and laying down most of the day because I am too light headed to do much of anything for long. I am miserable . I feel dizzy and lightheaded all the time. I also get this weird feeling like water is rolling off my brain and a tingling sensation down my arm and hand. I get a tightening numbness under my tongue and I hear a popping and buzzing noise in my left ear. I always feel like im about to pass out. Even when I wake up from sleeping I have to move slow sitting up cause it feels like I may pass out. I have buckled under my knees and fell to the floor at lest ten times with in just the last two mnths. I have blacked out 3 times since november 2010. My doctor have tested me for numerous things incluing diabetes and thyroid, eeg mri and mra. The only thing that was found was cervial stenosis of my spine at c5 c6 c7. However my doc says that wouldnt cause the symptoms that im having. She says she cant find anything wrong with me , theres nothing else she can do, and wished me luck in finding a doctor who can help me. I have no answers for my symptoms and my whole quality of life is dimenishing for I cant do activities I used to do like fishing, driving, playing with my children, reading novels, cooking large dinners, etc. what should I do, what type of specialist should I see for my condition ? I just want to live again. My whole family is worried about me. They see the changes in my health and sometimes they cry when they see me. I am frustrated because I am miserable and cant get answers. If I had an answer at least I could work towards a solution. Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1031
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
hi ,

i am sorry to hear that u are going thro a tough time , have u considered the posibility that u may have a special case of vertigo. i have seen a few cases like this. the spinal stenosis can explain a few of ur symptoms. call me if u wanna talk abt the right docs to help u . +919840228599
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shirish Sachdeva's  Response

I empathise with you & your family in this situation. There are numerous symptoms that you are showing. Certain symptoms can be associated with the finding of Cervical canal stenosis such as tingling sensation felt going down under the arm & hand, weakness in knees & buckling & frequent falls (if the stenosis is gross).

But majority of other symptoms such as slurring of speech, feeling dizzy & light-headed, water rolling off the brain, tingling sensatinon under the tongue, popping & buzzing noise in left ear are signs & symptoms commonly seen with issues involving the brain.

I hope you are not suffering from Anemia, Low blood pressure - do get a complete haemogram (CBC) and B.P. check and carry along the reports of EEG, MRA,MRI, and other blood test reports of Diabetes and Thyroid to a Neurologist for a detailed neurological check-up as soon as possible.

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor
Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor