Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

I was tested positive of TB in the Uterus. Didn't get my period

Hi, I am 36 years old Recently i was tested positive of TB in the Uterus. I had to get a PCR done on day 2nd of my period. I am on ATK-4. I am not getting my period as i use to before the diagnosis of this disease. There are just a few spots, does it indicate anything seroius Looking forward for your urgent response
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  513
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
You are suffering from Uterine TB which is diagnosed recently.

TB of the uterus is usually a silent infection with no apparent symptoms as the bacteria may remain latent in your system for as long as 10-20 years. However, some of the symptoms to watch out for include:

* menstrual disturbances(low or just spotting or delaying)
* (sudden) weight loss
* unexplained low or high grade fever over a prolonged period
* pelvic pain
* vaginal discharges
* infertility

Very effective anti-TB medication, known as anti-tubercular therapy (ATT) is now available to treat the infection. The duration of your treatment may range from six to nine months, depending upon the stage in which the infection has been diagnosed.

While the treatment offers relief from pain, fever or discharge, it cannot repair the fallopian tubes, if they have been affected. Therefore, it is advisable to take a second opinion before starting anti-TB medicines.

If the TB was diagnosed at an early stage and the infection was treated promptly, your uterus may heal. The fact that you shed the old uterine lining every month during the menstrual period also helps.

However, in severe cases, the TB endometritis may not heal and lead to scarring. Such scarring usually results in scanty periods. In some, the menstrual periods may completely stop because the uterine lining may be badly affected. Unfortunately, these women may not be able to conceive.

So if you want to conceive in future,consult with your gynaecologist.

Be well.
Answered: Sat, 5 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor