I was suffering from some salivary gland tumour pleomorphic adenoma ,please give clarification on this!

there was a swelling on my right cheek, near the ear. it started some 3 to 4 years back. it steadily increased in size. now it has filled the entire right cheek. there is no pain and no discomfort at all any time.now it has grown so big i consulted a doctor as it was cosmetically disturbing. he put a needle in the swelling and took some tissue. sent it to laboratory for analysis. the report came as i was suffering from some salivary gland tumor pleomorphic adenoma.. it needs a major surgery. now i am really worried. i never smoked. no alcohol also. than why did i get this tumor. doctor say it is not to worry but they say that it needs a major surgery. i am worried.some body tell me what is this tumor
Sat, 18 Jun 2011