Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

155 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I was having many piples in my face, how to get rid of these ?

hi sir..i m dinesh 20 year old..i was having many piples in my face ,,i m consulted in my skin specialist doctor gave some tablets .minicycline @ tufacne-20@rentino AC...whether this tabltes take it or nor..otherwise pls help that problems
Mon, 9 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This is proper treatment prescribed by skin specialist ,only one thing you keep in mound tat some time retino cream may give pilling effect on skin so pilling of skin or redness of skin you find you seek his advise.
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
its good prescription but not best
u should not take minocycline while on tufacne.
better to take azithromycin 250 mg twice a day for 3 day.
retino ac to be applied at night only.
sun protection is must for u
drink more water.
avoid oily and spicy food
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
minocycline is good but has some side effects like pigmentation of skin. so i think better to a safer congener like doxycycline. again consult a dood dermatologist. take care.
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi! dinesh,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

dinesh ,you should never ever take minocyclin tab along with tufacne .It can cause pseudo tumor of cerebre (one gets sever headache in this).I am happy that you have asked this question ,kindly follow this advice.Tufacne is a wonderful medicine ,but should not be combined with other tablets .It also has other precautions ,which I hope your doctor would have told and discussed with you.Before taking tufacne one should go for certain blood investigations,which i again hope you have got it done.If not then kindly discuss with your prescribing doctor .Kindly consult a dermatologist and not a general physician for acne.

Other creams are all fine.Also use a anti acne face wash regularly.Don't squeeze your pimples.Drink plenty of water and take good sleep in night.If you have any further question, kindly mail me .

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....