I was given Metoprolol tartrates 50mg bd after having heart

I was given Metoprolol tartrates 50mg bd after having heart surgery in 2013.
Last year, I had four days of passing tarry stool associated with dropping of my HB from 140 to 110.
Urgent gastroscopy done and few weeks later a colonoscopy both were NAD.
On Sep. 2018, I had operation on dislocated left ankle followed by Clexane SC injection which continued for 15 day after which I developed tarry stool again also for four days, urgent gastroscopy showed gastritis and biopsy was negative for Helicobacter Pylori, I was booked for colonoscopy again in Dec.2018. Is Metoprolol to be blamed for these two episodes of tarry stool?
Fri, 26 Oct 2018