Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

I was born with a murmur. Can my regular doctor refer me to a specialist so I can get it checked out ?

I was born with a murmur and the doctor told my parents it would go away on it s own and it hasn t. I ve recently had really sharp pains that would go away after 10 mintues or so. I m only 21 by the way. Who can I see for this ? Can my regular doctor refer me to a specialist so I can get it checked out ? Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Most of the murmers are self curable, give it some time. Report to the nearest ER in case of Acute chest pain. You can see your regular doctor and tell him to take a second opinion from a cardiologist which is mandatory as you have reached the age of 21, or should I say as early as possible. Might be a panic attack and see a gynaecologist, because you have a full life ahead. Best of luck.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor