Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I want to quit smoking

i want to quit smoking at any cost
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  285
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear,first of all congratulations for making your mind to quit smoking.You have just choose the right path to healthy life.If you decide you can stop smoking suddenly,if number of times you smoke is not very high.Other wise taper it down with firm commitment,take help of your partner or relative who is close to you.When you quit smoking your body will oppose it and you can have withdrawal symptoms like mood swings,fatigability,disturbed sleep etc.But this are temporary and be in touch with your family doctor who will take care of this effectively.There are alternative methods like nicotine patch,chewing gums available,but most important thing is your commitment to the decision which you already have made so you will definitely get success.All the best and keep it up.
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor