I want to know about the medicines for Angiana pain

I am 59yrs retired Govt official, like music, movies, meditation , friendship, chatting,reading visiting new places.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
The short answer is that this question is too complicated and too serious to use Yahoo! answers. You really need to work with your medical provider to get to an answer. Having said that you don't give us any information about your medical history...your question reads like a personal ad. At age 59 there is almost no reason you should be experiencing chronic angina. Period. Medication: In addition to nitrates - sublingual for acute needs, patch or long acting nitro for day-in-day-out can be helpful. Additionally beta blockers and calcium channel blockers (very helpful for arterial spasm) are helpful in reducing angina. Plavix has also been used as an adjunct in difficult-to-manage cases. Interventional options: If you have not had an angiogram/angioplasty this is actually first line in dealing with your angina. Stents can be used to prop open the inside of the artery where a blockage may exist. Patients recover from this procedure very readily...a week or two...and it can dramatically improve the condition Additionally if you have very significant blockages in main arteries then you might be referred for an open heart by-pass. This whole process is a much bigger deal but has a very good track record and can be extremely helpful. Lastly if both of the above have been employed then a therapy called ERCP can be used. I am not going to go in detail, just know that there are other options even after having an open heart. Angina is a sign that something is not well with your cardiovascular system. There can be a number of things that exacerbate the problem - valve problems, lung problems, malformations in the heart chamber, cardiac muscle abnormalities, etc. In other words new angina really requires a full work up. Good luck and seek the help you need. Time is of the essence.