Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

I want to increase my height at the age of 17

hi, i am 17 years of age,male and i want to know that my height will increase further ? my father s height is 5 8 and mine 5 5. as i am doing exercises since last years and i don t find any change. so please suggest me some treatment or some exercises or food in order to gain height.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  233
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
By age of 19 years all vertical growth of body stops. No product or exercise will make you increase weight. You need to understand this so that you are not taken for a ride when someone tells you they can increase your height. As of now you can he hopeful and exercise regularly to be fit, if you are overweight and you lose more weight you will appear taller. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, chicken, eggs, lean meat, pulses, cereals. Drink plenty of water. Be confident of who you are and not how tall you are. Your personality will be what people look for not your height.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor