Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

I want to conceive naturally, plz advice me

Hi, dr I have poly cyst bilateral overies but my periods are regular and my husband have low motility . What type of treatment should i get ,plz advice me doctor im very depressed my age 22 and husband age 30
Asked On : Fri, 30 Apr 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  498
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
one of my friends sis had PCOD , but she gave birth to a male baby . its possible to have a child in PCOD pts .
consult a nearby infertility clinic .
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
PCOD causes sub fertility not infertility. So you definitely has chance to conceive. .Poly cystic ovary syndrome is one of the most common female endocrine disorders affecting approximately 5 to 10% of women of reproductive age and is thought to be one of the leading causes of female sub fertility.You can start taking metmorfin after consultation with infertility socialist.
you can increase the motility of your husband sperms in semen by taking antioxidants like co enzyme,vit E, leucopenes.several brands of which are available in the market.Disclaimer
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Arun Prakash's  Response


Patient with PCODs, do conceive. As you are getting normal cycles, it is a good sign.

Now you have check whether you are ovulating( It is done as lab testing or you can do it with a home testing kit).

As you said you, motility of your husband sperms are low motility, you have to consult an infertility clinic for further assistance.

Follow me on twitter drarunprakashmd,

Answered: Sun, 23 May 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Infertility Specialist Dr. Meenakshi Dua's  Response
As your cycles are regular, that means you are ovulating regularly. 25 % of normal females can have PCOD. U may not be getting pregnant because of poor motility of sperms. I will suggest u to undergo Intrauterine insemination to take care of poor motility. And tell your husband to stop smoking/drinking if he does so
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor