Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I walked into a piece of 1/4" plate steel with

I walked into a piece of 1/4" plate steel with rounded corner ,it hit my right knee about 2" above knee cap abut 1" to the right of center.Swollen,hot,very painful to bend ,walk,sleep.I have been put in ice pack on it.Should I try to see my normal Dr or go to urgentcare.Thanks Howard
Tue, 30 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had a surgery in right leg femur bone 10 years ago, UN fortunately the steal rod was broken into 3 parts, doctors removed two pieces but one was left very near to knee in my right leg .hence i had a second surgery the aluminium plates were placed. i want get remove the plates and the lefted piece also Thanks Chinnappa Banala.

doctor1 MD

My mother was told by one cardiologist that she cannot have cardioversion because of a steel plate in her sternum (to correct birth defect) and another cardiologist told her this does not pose a danger. The 2nd cardiologist was too busy to explain why he believes his opinion is correct. Now she doesn t know who to believe.

doctor1 MD

IAM highly allergic to stainless steel and nickel. When I broke my leg about three years ago they put a steel plate and screws in my leg. The leg still swells quite a bit and the swelling has never went away since the surgery. I have been regularly getting boils on various parts of my body ever since the surgery. Is it possible that I m allergic to the steel inside of my leg and what can I do about it? I still experience quite a bit of pain with it

Loading Online Doctors....