I usually have left abdominal pain severely, why it is happening so ?

I am 20 yrs old. I usually have left abdominal pain severely. When I visited doctor, I was informed that I had gastritis. He prescribed me some medicine and I am taking it but it doesn't seem to make any good improvement. So, please tell me what to do ? Can gastriris be cured completely ? Are there any home treatment for gastriris ? And one thing more, which treatment is best in your opinion: allopathic or ayurvedic ? Why ? I would be very grateful to anyone who shares my problem and suggests me. Please, help me.
Mon, 11 Jul 2011