Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I think I may have had an abortion. Should I go to a doctor ?

I recently had a bizarre period with spotting for a week( brownish in colour)-followed by its usual pattern( I presumed that my partner and i had been successful in conceiving, yet the fertilised egg had not implanted). My cervix felt irritated throughout this time and continued to feel irritated with led to us having only 1 period of sex( the previous month it had been almost daily) until The following month when i again had a bizarre period, This period was normal in behaviour initially, but i continued to spot ( Brownish in colour) I took 2 pregnancy tests at this time, both of which were positive. I visited a GP who advised that it was probable CM- pregnancy tests too sensitive ect ect-and not to worry. I have continued to spot( not enough to use a towel) and this morning awoke to heavy cramping, feeling nauseous and passing large clots ( Period now 13 days in duration- usual 3 days in length) I can only presume from this that i am in fact experiencing a MC and not a CM and that i was approx 8 weeks PC. Do i need to revisit a GP let nature runs its course?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello joanita;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you had 2 pregnancy tests positive then you are surely pregnant and if you are having spotting then this is not periods and it is probably threatened abortion.Please consult a Gynaecologist and get examined and treated.Also get a ultrasound of pelvis done and immediately consult a Gynaec.
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcom to healthcaremagic
from the complains and test finding it seems that you have abortion and it will be better to consult gynecologist and get u s g done
it may be incomplete abortion and you may need evacuation of uterus and curettage under anaesthasia
you need proper treatment and tests to know the cause of abortion for the treatment to be effective
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor