Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

I take birth control pills and had bronchitis. Suffering from high BP and heart rate

I m a 22 year old female. I have basically no medical history . I take birth control pills and I ve had bronchitis a few times. Other than that I haven t been to a doctor. I m average weight but I do smoke. Recently I ve been checking my blood pressure because I got a reading of 185/101 a few months back. I ve noticed it s never below 140/80. I ve also noticed my heart rate is usually high too. It is usually around 130 to 140, resting. I m wondering if this is something I should be seen about right away. I do notice chest pain , when stressed about things at work or home, but it s not unbearable pain, just here and there and then it will go away, making me think it s not related. Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
its better u have your ecg done and one lipid profile also done
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As your blood pressure is high which is not common at this age so you should go for some investigations.
your pulse rates also high,
so consult your physician for ECG,lipid profile etc and get diagnosis .
ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor