Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

I suffer of a continuous and constant headache, What could I have ?

I recently did a blood test and my doctor told me that I have low iron, hemoglobin to 12, low serum iron, ferritin low, the red blood cells are small. I always feel tired, I can not do physical activity because I don't have enough breath and I get tired quickly and I also suffer of a continuous and constant headache. What could I have?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Oct 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  429
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  Anonymous's Response
it sounds like you have iron deficiency as a precursor of full blown anaemia. not all doctors agree on what levels actually mean low, and mine denies that iron deficiency can present with symptoms. The research literature suggests otherwise. In fact, it goes further and suggests that iron deficiency causes the symptoms of iron-deficiency anamia, rather than the anaemia itself. Hope you have a good doctor.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
Welcome to healthcare magic forum..
You are suffering from Iron deficiency anemia.
There are various causes which might lead to iron deficiency anemia such as lack of adequate intake of iron, infestation with parasitic worms , Blood loss during menses, Poor absorption of iron by the body etc.
Main modality of treatment is iron supplementation either in the form of tablet or syrup.
You need to consume iron rich food like Eggs (yolk), Fish, Legumes (peas and beans), Meats (liver is the highest source), Poultry, Raisins, Whole-grain bread.
Once your iron level normalizes all your symptoms will disappear..
Hope this helps..
Take care..
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor