I started getting a weird sensation in my chest very upper abdomen, a fullness.

A little after 9pm, Tuesday, I was sitting on the floor, next to my 5 month old who was asleep. I started getting a weird sensation in my chest very upper abdomen , a fullness. I didn t think much of it. Then I had immense sharp shooting, crushing pain in my chest. Yes I have had heart burn know what that feels like this was NOT it. I stood up it got worse. The pain was in my shoulders in between my shoulder blades. I tried walking it off then I was having shortness of breath. I kept moving, freaking out. I did not know what was happening. I told my husband if it doesn t stop I should go to the hospital. By that time it had been 2 minutes of this. I had my 2nd son w/o an epidural , so I can tolerate pain well. This was intolerable. I went into the front bedroom was trying to lay down, that didn t work. I stood up again, panicked... Then I was gasping for air felt like I was about to fall on my face pass out. I was dripping with sweat. My temp was 95.1. I have also had anxiety attacks before... For the curious... But was never in pain have nothing at that time to attribute what was happening to that. I layed down again blacked out what felt like forever but was more like 20-30 seconds. The pain went away. I asked my husband what he thought it was, he had no idea. I asked if it could be my appendix he said no the pain would be lower. Then I said heart attack? Not even wanting to believe what I was saying... I will be 25 in November... But I couldn t think of anything else that related to the pain. I know women have different symptoms than men so I looked it up had more than the majority of the symptoms. My husband said to wait to see if it would happen again before seeking medical attention. But what if it was one? Can anyone help me? Did I have one? I ve also been having ear problems, they are stuffy I get real dizzy. My left arm has been going numb when I m feeding my 5 month old, but have attributed that to his head resting on my arm. If it was a heart attack I need to go to the hospital, but have heard stories of women having heart attacks, only the drs say it s anxiety turn them away. Plus my age... Is it likely? And also I m the only one in the family not covered by insurance, so that s why I didn t veto my husband s decision. I don t want more bills if it s nothing. Someone please help! What do I do?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009