Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I start to panic about disorder. Could there be something else mentally going on with me ?

I was diagnosed with panic disorder when I was younger, and up until recently, I had it under control. Lately, I feel as if I am going crazy when I start to panic, which I have been told is a normal symptom, BUT I also feel EXTREME dizziness for up to 4 hours at night only, until I fall asleep. Could there be something else mentally going on with me ? May be I really am going crazy ?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  366
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

You should not leave your condition untreated for a long time. I advise you to take the help of a Psychiatrist as this would worsen if left undiagnosed. If necessary you shall be put on certain medications and also appropriate counselling shall be advised to cope up with the condtion.

Answered: Wed, 27 Jan 2010
  User's Response

I have a Psychiatrist, as well as a counselor.  I've been put on Zoloft and Lorazapam, but refuse to take either because of the way they make me feel.  My panic attacks have never been this bad in my life.  I am considering getting a brain scan to see what is going on with my brain function to see if maybe it is something else, but for the time being this is extremely uncomfortable for me to deal with.  I don't know if it's just my disorder.

Answered: Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor